Sometimes we all need a break from real life and need a vacation (or drink-cation). Allow us to whisk you away to a tropical paradise getaway, SHK style, as we celebrate our first full summer in Kendall Square with summery drink specials available through the end of August!
Introducing the prettiest cocktails in town! Our four new boozy libations are cool, refreshing and filled with the summer’s favorite flavors:
- Watermelon Martini ($12) – a beloved summer fruit flavored martini blended with gin, fresh watermelon puree, midori, fresh lemon juice & mint leaves
- Sumiao Pink Lemonade ($8) – a SHK twist combines rose, limoncello, grapefruit vodka, fresh lemon juice and grenadine
- J4JPN ($10) – a subtle combination of shochu, fresh lemon juice, lychee juice, ginger liqueur and apple liqueur
- Blueberry Patch ($10) – a namesake with stoli blueberry, lemonade, lemon juice, elderflower and blue curacao
Summer means holding an ice-cold fruity drink in your hand, and while some of us enjoy it in the form of a cocktail, we’ll be shaking up some new and delicious mocktails sans alcohol for those looking for a more hydrating option.
If you were a fan of our winter mocktails, we’ve upgraded them for the summer season:
- Coco Matchatte ($7) – soy milk, coconut cream and matcha
- Island Limeade ($6.5) – house made limeade and coconut cream
- Watermelon on the Beach ($6.5) – fresh watermelon puree, coconut cream & coconut water
Our Hunan Hour is back by popular demand, featuring a half-priced menu where you’ll find some of our menu favorites priced between $4-$6! Hunan Hour happens twice per day, so if you miss it after work, you’ll get your second chance after dark with the purchase of any alcoholic beverage.
(Daily 3:30pm-6:30pm, Sunday through Wednesday from 9:00pm-10:30pm and Thursday through Saturday from 9:00pm-11:30pm)
HELLO, PATIO SEASON!
Let’s take a moment to commemorate a summer essential. Our outdoor patio is bright and breezy, while offering a relaxing spot for al fresco dining or sipping.
Have a big group? Contact us about hosting your next private party in the heart of Kendall Square on our sunshine-filled patio this summer!
DESERVING OF THE SPOTLIGHT THIS MONTH…
We’ve rounded up some of our favorite dishes that we feel deserve the spotlight this month. Be sure to add these to your SHK bucket list if you haven’t tried them yet:
- Daikon Radish Fish Ball in Broth ($20) – seedless red date, vermicelli, chicken broth
- Beef & Egg Rice Noodle ($16) – marinated egg & beef, pickled bean, cilantro, peanut
- Changsha Shumai ($12) – sticky rice, dried mushroom, pork fat, soy sauce
- BBQ Rib Festival ($26) – peanuts, green & red pepper, dried chili
- Sizzling Crystal Vermicelli ($16) – house-made pickles, cabbage, duo jiao, egg, scallion, garlic
- Pickled Beans with Pork ($20) – house-made pickle, garlic, fresno pepper