Thanksgiving, that time of year when you come together with family and friends with gratitude. Added bonus: It also one of the most delicious times of year!
We are celebrating our first Thanksgiving in Kendall Square by cooking up some a la carte specials and family-style prix fixe menus for groups as well as offering up special gifts to our guests as our way of saying “thank you.”
Thanksgiving Specialty Dishes
For Hunanese twists on traditional “Turkey Day” staples, we’ll be dishing out for specialties that are available on Thursday and Friday:
- Mala Turkey with house chili soy sauce, Szechuan peppercorn oil, cilantro and sesame ($14)
- Crispy Turkey with hoisin-BBQ sauce ($28)
- Pan-Seared Pumpkin Cake with sweet pumpkin, sticky rice powder, condensed milk and sesame ($12)
- Yolk Breaded Pumpkin, tempura style, with preserved duck yolk and sweet pumpkin ($18)
Thanksgiving Prix Fixe
During these two days, we’ll also serve feasts in-house for those celebrating Thanksgiving or Friendsgiving. Take the guesswork out this year and leave the cooking – and the cleaning! – to us with our three exclusive group dining menus.
- Four Person Prix Fixe ($125*): one soup, one appetizer, any four dishes from the pre-selected menu and a complimentary order of pan-seared pumpkin cake
- Six Person Prix Fixe ($195*): one soup, one appetizer, any six dishes from the pre-selected menu and a complimentary order of the mala turkey
- Eight Person Prix Fixe ($250*): one soup, one appetizer, any eight dishes from the pre-selected menu and a choice of a complimentary order of the crispy turkey or yolk bread pumpkin
For eight days, we’ll be getting social by offering up interactive lottery drawings to show how much we appreciate you. Follow @SumiaoHunan on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, show someone from our team, and draw from coupons that will score you 5-25% off your next visit’s food bill.
Happy Thanksgiving Season to all! We hope to see you soon.
*Prices do not include tax or gratuity.